Sunday, March 27, 2005

Blue Like Jazz

These are some quotes that my daughter, Lauren, liked from the book, "Blue Like Jazz", by Donald Miller. I liked them too. Oh and I would recommend this book to anyone. Chapter 18 alone is worth the price of admission.


"Nobody will listen to you unless they sense that you like them."

"I don't enjoy not liking people, but sometimes these things feel as though you are not in control of them. I never chose not to like the guy. It felt more like the dislike of him chose me."

"When I go to meet someone I pray that God will help me feel His love for them."

"Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way."

"I have come to think that belief is something that happens to us too(referring to falling in love)."

"My friend Julie from Seattle told me that the main prayer she prays for her husband is that he will be able to receive love. And this is the prayer I pray for all my friends because it is the key to happiness."

2 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger Lauren said...

Your daughter sounds pretty wise... But seriously, the blog is wonderful. I especially like the "21st Century Gospel". You should also recommend "Traveling Mercies," maybe she could get you some quotes from that one too.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Bill said...

Hey, Janey, whoever you might be,
thanks for the encouraging words. I love quotes. I haven't read "Traveling Mercies"...it sounds too much like a chick book, but I will certainly consider quotes from anywhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home